Skip to main content

Visual Communication

For this module I need to select a social issue and produce a campaign made up of a poster, website and motion advert. After searching various issues, I decide to base my campaign on Mental Health. Once I selected my issue, I had to write a proposal. Here is my proposal

After researching various social issues, I have decided to focus on mental health for my campaign. With my campaign, I would like to either address the stigma and discrimination against people with mental health illnesses or, provide information for people around the effected person, such as friends and family. During the initial research stage, I found mental health and propaganda within media to be the most interesting.

My target audience will be either young adults or university students. After doing some research, I have realised young adults tend to suffer with depression and most of the time it goes unnoticed. The transition from school to being and adult can cause a lot of emotional unbalance and uncertainty. This can later lead to mental health issues. People tend to cover up their true feelings, morals and characteristics to fit in with their peers or come across as normal. I want to create a campaign that informs people that it is okay to ask for help, or that it is okay not to feel adequate all the time. To be able to achieve this, I need to distinctively give a strong message across within my campaign outcome designs.

Throughout my journey to my final designs, I will be asking for tutor feedback and peer review to allow me to make sure I am achieving the message I want to convey. The feedback, I hopefully receive will help me to develop my ideas further.

Once this was produced I came up with a brand identity. This is not necessary for the brief but, making a brand identity helps me feel like I'm working for a client. Here is the brand identity placed on a house style  board.

Above I have stated what fonts I will be using but, this may change throughout the development process because, it is still very early in process of final outcomes.



Comments