Skip to main content

PDP- CV writting

As a part of PDP, I have to create a CV and Portfolio along with a blog and a written document justifying why I have placed the selected pieces of work in my portfolio. In this blog, I am going to concentrate on the action plan and CV.

The action plan is something I have produced to help me gain work experience. It is very important that I get as much exercise as possible while I am at university. This is so I become more employable when I graduate and, it also helps me standout from other applicants. We have a set period where we get to have a placement, the time frame is March 1st 2018 until May 1st 2018. If I am unlucky and do not manage to secure myself a placement near my University, I will look at getting a placement closer to home (London) for this time frame or, during the summer holidays. The purpose of an action plan is to help me be more organised and help me plan ahead of what I need to do and how I will do it.

Here is the action plan I have produced. This plan may change but at this moment of time, this is the plan.


Action plan

When I have graduated from university, I would like to work within branding and advertisement. To be able to achieve a career in this sector, I will need to gain some experience. How I will do this is by contacting agencies to see if they will give me the opportunity to have an internship, placement or, allow me to shadow. With my placement, I would like to gain experience in web design, packaging, books and magazines, branding, advertisement and any other opportunities the company may have to offer. I would also like to gain new skills including a stronger knowledge of design programs, the ability to understand a client’s needs, find solutions, strong artistic sense, the ability to multitask and confidence in presenting and explaining ideas.

How I will get the experience

·      Create a CV and covering letter
·      Create an online portfolio
·      Contact the following agency’s ‘Parallel Creative’, ‘The Jade Studio’ and ‘Twentytwo digital LTD’
·      I will say and ask the following bullets points…
1.     I am a second-year BA (Hons) Graphic Design student at Coventry University. I am keen on gaining experience within your business as either a placement, internship or shadowing.
2.     I have created book covers, coded a website, created a brand identity within a team where I was the group manager, created a short clip, motion imagery, photography and produced two poster designs for ‘The Angel Vaults Inn’ pub (JD Wetherspoon).
3.     I have experience with working in various Adobe programs including, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
4.     List the days I am available to work. Preferably, Wednesday after 2pm and Saturday no later than 6pm.
·      If I am unsuccessful with gaining experience with one of the selected companies, then I will look for more and do a bit of freelancing.
·      Freelancing will allow me to gain better communication and organisation skills.


Now that I have created an action plan, I can move onto creating my CV and portfolio.








Comments