Skip to main content

213AAD - Campaign

For this project I am producing a mental health campaign so far, I have produced a range of different poster designs.



FIRST DESIGN

The purpose of this design is for a person to rip of one of the tabs at the bottom. On the reverse side of the tab, there is a link to my website where they can get 'what they need' on there.

I believe this is a very strong design however, I am not sure how to go further with it. I constantly receive positive feedback from tutors and peers for this poster design but hardly any ideas on how to develop it into a website and motion animation. Due to this, I have decided to produce other designs.


SECOND DESIGN

For these design I decided to play with the idea of holding a sign. I got each person to hold a blank piece of paper so I could then add text to it later on in the development process. I personally thought the design was strong but, when I had printed it, I realised there was far too much blank/ white space within the design. This lead me to develop it further.





This is a development of the top two designs. I feel it is a good design but, it is not a very good message. This design suggests these people with mental health are being lined up for a mug shot for a police photo. This is not the message I am trying to convey so I decided to not go further with the design. However, I did have a critique on this design and my tutor informed me of the same problem as I picked up on with the design. He then lead on to saying my first design (Take what you need), is still better.



THIRD DESIGN

This design was produced using Adobe Illustrator. I decided to manipulate the idea of telling people that their mental health is just as important as their physical. The designs are very simple 2D illustrations, they have potential if I was to develop it further but I do not think it is quite the look I want to go with for my campaign.



FOURTH DESIGN

This design is based on the concept of 'Elephant In The Room' (the title of my campaign). Elephant in the Room is a metaphor for avoiding a obvious situation or discussion. So I decided to play with the idea of the elephant. I decided to make an abstract elephant face design to place over one of my housemates, I feel this design is very bold and effective and could have a lot of potential for development and a theme that could be used across all outcomes. This poster design allows me to develop it further into a motion animation. The motion animation idea is to have the same person, standing in a busy street, while everyone is walking passed ignoring him. He will have an digital edited elephant mask over to link back to the idea of 'elephant in the room'.

FITH DESIGN

I decided to play with the concept of covering true emotions. I thought the best way to do this would be by creating a design using 'matryoshka dolls'. I like the concept of the design however, I'm not sure it is very well executed.


SIXTH DESIGN

This design plays on the concept of the brain/mind. I decided to create a design the represents how the mental health illness has gotten out of hand and that there is help and support available if you go to elephantintheroom.com









Comments