Skip to main content

Monday 13th March - Sunday 19th March

This week as a group we focused on our homepage and started looking at our catalogue. After receiving feedback for our homepage, we made a few changes. This is how it looks now:



It looks a lot better now that we have made more changes but, I feel it is still not complete. I am waiting to have another critique with my tutor to see what else we could improve. After we made these changes as a group, we moved onto looking at paper folds and content layout for our catalogue presentation. The brief says to use a standard 'Z fold' but, as a group we have decided to try a different fold. We spent a few hours researching different folds and looking at YouTube videos. We finally found one we all agreed on




After deciding on the fold, we proceeded to create the grid layout for the content on InDesign. This was rather challenging to make but we managed to do it in the end. Here is what it looks like:


Next we started placing the content in:

Front:



Back:


After completing our first catalogue design, I started to do my individual flyer. I produced two different designs and then selected the one which had the better concept. Once I had selected the better design, I created the back of the flyer.


First design:


This design uses one the the backgrounds I produced for my webpages but, then decided not to use it. I think it works well as a design for a front flyer.


Second design:


 Back for second design:


I personally feel that this is a stronger design compared to the first one. This design is made up using all 15 gallery images for the background of the front and back flyer. It then includes a repeated pattern of my individual logo on the front. The back design uses 2 of the backgrounds I produced for the webpages but, they have been modified slightly so the overall design looks balanced. I am happy with this design however, I need to wait for feedback from my tutor Paula.

Next weeks aim: start creating my app design


Comments