Skip to main content

Feedback

This week I managed to get feedback from my peers and tutor about my webpage design. I received a lot of positive feedback from my peers but, I wasn't given anything constructive. I wanted to get feedback that would help me improve my webpages, so I stayed behind to talk to my tutor. Here is a few notes on what she had to say about it:

  • Change the code headers to a scrolling .GIF switching between the colour code, and the concept of that gallery.
  • Refine concept ideas.
  • Change the shape of the scrolling isosceles triangle to a equilateral one. This will make the scrolling triangle and individual logo match. You could make the finished drawn triangle into a button that brings you back to the top of the page. 
  • The main #HEX logo looks a bit out of place under the navigation bar, this will need to be changed to make it look more professional. Maybe consider changing the main logo to the individual one and place this on the right.
  • The information in the footer is not needed.
  • The layout design might look better if you scatter the images rather than having the alined/responsive effect.
  • HTML, CSS and JavaScript coding needs to be separated rather than all in the same document
  • The image you used in the background is not produced by you so you will need to change this or, select and image from the Cooper Hewitt website.
  • Resize text and headings so they are more narrower. 
Receiving this feedback was helpful and I started to make these changes when I finished University for the day. I started by separating the HTML, CSS and JavaScript which was hard to do. So far, I have not been unable to separate the JavaScript which is supposed to make the scroll draw work. Im not sure how to fix this so I will need to have a chat with my tutor after all the other changes have happened.

My aim for next week: to make as many of these changes possible


Comments