Skip to main content

My first week of university

This time last year I was 100% certain I was not going to uni... here I am one week in starting my blog. Life doesn't always go the way you planed!!
My first week was hectic, between making friends, nights out and of course, moving out from home for the first time. I can honestly say a week later and I'm still a little home sicky. I've met some great people nd already have been given some amazing opportunitis.
Anyway, my first day of uni and Coventry university went well. I made 5 friends and we have been sticking together for the whole of this week. We had a small lecture about the university and what it has to offer. And to my suprise, we where given a free A3 and A4 sketch book along with a portfolio and 2 memory sticks.
The second day, was the day we had to show off our summer project deigns. Our project was to design a t-shirt with one black and white image at the front and a 3 word slogan on the back. We where asked to wear these in. This was a great way to get taking to people on my course, there are honestly some amazing and lovely people here. We are also given a small project that was due in on Thursday. It W's based around the concept of 'identity crisis'.
The third day, was a very short day. Uni started at 10 and we finished at 12:30. We spent most of the day working on a design for the small project we recited the dynamic before.
The forth day,  I woke up early so I had enough to to collect my free Graphic design books that the university has supplied for us. The line was incredibly long and I wait just under an hour to get my books. Told was also the day we had to hand in our project. Two of my members from my group where not in and the other person in my group didn't have a poster design, so it meant that the design I did by myself was submitted as the whole groups work... This annoyed me quite a lot. We also had a lecture about starting a journal/blog, was were told that documenting things will make it easier to see us develop as a graphic designer over the up coming months.
The fifth day, we went on a university trip to Oxford. The trip consisted of 2 museum vists to gather images and information to use for a project. The information we gather will be used to promote young adults (18-24 years olds) to visit one of these museum's.
It's now the weekend. I made planes as to what I was going to do but this ft ruined due to my phone not working. I've spent most of my weekend running around town trying to get it sorted. Hopefully this will be sorted in the next few weeks to come. 

Comments