Skip to main content

Monday 6th February - Sunday 12th February


The plans for this week was to have our brand identity finalised for another critique with our tutor, however our tutor decided to give us an extra week to finalise this and give us other projects. During this week, she wanted us to continue finalising our brand identity, and she also wanted us to start producing the individual concepts, complete 3 research sheets and create an A3 mood board.

Alongside doing these tasks given by our tutor, I coded a main webpage for my team and started creating my individual webpages for New York City. Even though last week I struggled extremely in Pete’s lesson, I have been taking the extra time to teach myself how to use HTML coding. This week I managed to teach myself how to make a navigation bar from scratch. I was very proud of myself when I realised I managed to do this, and I started to wonder if I should turn up to his lessons. This is because, in my last lesson with him, he made me feel very small and stupid. I felt like he was talking down to me, I do not really want to put myself in that situation again if I can avoid it. Luckily for me, the class was cancelled this week so this allowed me to spend more time teaching myself HTML coding. Alongside this HTML coding I produced 3 A3 sheets of research, an A3 mood board and a new developed logo designs.

Here is an image of my first individual webpage design:



Here is an image of the coding I produced to create the webpage above:


During this week as a team, it was rather hard to work together. There was always at least one person missing each day of this week. This made it quite hard because, to make a group decision we need everyone to be there, but part of my role is to make final decisions when the group is not working well. As a group, we managed to complete final brand identity which included changing the logo which I produce myself, changing the manifesto and changing the individual stage logo designs which was produced by Hasnain. I’m starting to realise that most of the group work is being produced by myself and Hasnain and the rest the group do not tend to do much unless I chase them. Hasnain came up with the idea of promoting our team on social media. We decided to use Instagram. To create an account I had to create a team email account which was then used to create the Instagram account. To make the Instagram account valid, I had to use my own personal phone number, I then gave out the login details and usernames to the rest of my group so we all have access and can upload our work.

Here is an image of our Instagram page:



Comments