Skip to main content

Monday 23th January - Sunday 29th January


During this week I was informed I will be a project manager for team 14. I got this role because I was selected by my tutor Paula for my leadership skills. At first I didn’t think I was quite right for the role but after planning and organise a few things I’m adapting to the part well. As a group the first thing our tutor wants us to produce is our brand identity. This includes a main logo design for Project #HEX, individual logos for all five stages, a tagline and a five sentence manifesto.

On the first day of receiving the project I asked my group to start producing research for the following day, they came back with a bit of research and a few ideas for the brand identity. At this point I then asked everyone to produce at least one logo design and we would then come together to pick the one we all liked the best. Once we produced our logo, we moved on to producing the tagline. Our tagline is ‘Brighter colours, Brighter cities’. Those parts were the easiest to do, the hardest thing to do was the manifesto. We met up on Thursday morning and work together to try to produce a manifesto. Unfortunately, this didn’t go very well and I ended up taking a few notes back home with me producing the manifesto myself. This is what our manifesto is for our group:

                                Graphic design, it’s a language that communicates.

                                The distance of places can be connected through generations of art.

                                We want a community, shape society and be creative.

                                Some things take time.

                                Live your dream and show your passion.’


After, we as a team agreed on the final designs, I placed everything on her critique sheets to be viewed by our peers and tutor. The feedback we received was very positive, with very few negative points on what we needed to change. Our tutor Paula said she was very impressed with our group. She said our manifesto was very strong and she liked our tagline. She just wasn’t very keen on our main logo. Paula suggested we changed the main logo as it was rather flat compared to the other five small stage logos. After receiving feedback, we had a small group chat and we are currently making the final changes to our work. The changes are very minor but we are working very hard as a group to get them perfect.

The other project I now have is entitled PDP, which stands for personal development planning. This brief is about producing a blog or journal about what’s going on throughout our graphic design personal development. We therefore, have to produce a post each week which we should set at least one task for ourselves. This week the task I have given myself, is to develop and finalise our teams brand identity by Monday 6th February.

My aim for next week: to produce the first brand identity design with my group



Comments