Skip to main content

309AAD: Products and Packaging

I was really struggling to come up with a strong poster design because of this, I decided to move on to branding a different part of the campaign, the packaging. I decided that I wanted to produce different types of membership boxes. This would be beneficial for BeeCause because, it gives the chance for the audience to donate money and also get something in return.

Potential membership packages:

1. Membership Card:
                    Works similar to a nectar card. The purpose of the card is to get people to buy more       organic products. When organic items are purchased points are added to the card, these points can then be deducted from grocery shopping.

2. Bee Saver Kit (Subscription Box):
                    This is a box that would have various items in including: news letter, save the bees guide, poster, one organic product and a bee identity collectable card (different bee each month). This box is sent out 4 times a year at the start of each years new season. There is an option to buy a one off box costing £10 or, a discounted price of purchasing all four at £35. When the boxes are ready to be shipped, they will go straight to their destinations.

3. Honey, I'm Home (One off box)
                    The purpose of this membership box is to help provide food for the bees which helps them repopulate. This box contains four large seed pouches and a guide on how to look after the flowers.  

4. Optional Donations


Here are some package designs I have produced:


This is my first design. I wanted it to have a vintage feel and to look very simple. After receiving feedback I decided to develop it.


This is the developed version of the seed packaging above. I decided to add a bee design that I had illustrated myself. However, once I had done this, I thought it would be a good idea to have different types of bees on the packaging possibly, have bees that are attracted to that particular flower.


Here is the finally design which I thought worked best and received the most positive feedback. Once this had been designed and finalised, it helped me to have a better understanding of how I want to brand the rest of the campaign.


Box Design:

Once The seed packaging was designed, I decided to move on to the box design. The box is what will keep the seed pouches together during transport. Here are the designs I came up with.

This design was produced along side the second development. After producing this, I realised that mailing this through a letterbox would be an issue. This lead me to rethink the shape of the design.

This box is small enough to fit through a letterbox making it better than the original. For this design, I wanted to see if I could make the honey typography design I produced work. Unfortunately, I personal think I wasn't working.

This was my second attempt at making the honey type style work. It still wasn't working, as it looked out of place.

For the final design, I decided to keep it very simple which defiantly worked the best.












Comments