Skip to main content

Start of semester 2/ Research into blogs

Towards the end of semester 1 and the deadline, I began to struggle with managing all of my projects. This meant I stopped producing blogposts so I could concentrate on getting all the work done for the January deadline. Now that it is semester 2, I will be containing my blogposts.

Before I start to blog about semester 2, I would like to give a brief overview of what happened while I wasn't posting. During the last week of university before we broke up for Christmas, I found myself being in the Mac room quite a bit. There was a few times were I would be staying at uni till 10pm so I could get as much work done before I went home for Christmas. During this week, I managed to complete 113AAD and have it ready for submission. I also managed to complete the festival project (112AAD) but, I still had a few parts I needed to submit online. This meant that over Christmas holidays, I just had to complete 111AAD and the book cover for 112AAD.

I struggled quite a bit trying to balance working full time, spending time with friends and family and, completing all my course work. Once I had produced a timetable, I soon found it easier to get everything done. I managed to complete all of my projects one week before the hand-in date. The only part I had to do was print a few pieces which I couldn't do until I came back to university.

Once I had handing everything in, I had to do a presentation of 113AAD to my tutor Phil. Doing is presentation made me realise I have a lot of learning and development to do. When the presentation was done, we had a week off of university. During this time I caught up on sleep and also produced a poster design for 'Ghost in the shell' for a competition.

During the first week back of semester 2, Monday 23rd we was given our new brief which is group work. My tutor has chosen me to be project manager. Im not sure why I was selected and I personally feel I'm not the right person for the job but, I'm up for learning new skills. On Wednesday 25th, I got my grad back for my add-vantage essay. I achieved 82 marks out of 100. When I received this grade I honestly couldn't have been anymore happy. I am very proud of myself for achieving it, it is the equivalent of 'firsts'.

After this brief summery, it's now time to focus on semester 2!


Research into blogs

A blog needs to be organised and have material that is relevant to my personal academic journey. It also needs to show how I have developed by documenting, observing and recording key information. I need to be able to identify concentions between my learning and personal development. This blog has so far in semester 1 allowed me to document key aspects and help me reflect on daily tasks. This has helped me develop as a designer because, my time management and organisation has improved which benefits me with my work and, will help me work to clients time frames in the future.

Here are some images of blogs:


This blog is very bold and striking. It captures the viewers attention and keeps them focused on the centre of the page.


For this design I like the use of imagery in the background blog with a easy to use navigation bar. I want to have a clear and easy layout similar to this design.


This design is my favourite out of the three. This is because it has a simple colour palette that is not overwhelming. It allows the viewer to read the blog easily. The use of Side navigation and top is also a good touch. I would like to do the same.

After researching into blogs, I will be changing the layout of mine so it is more aesthetically pleasing.








Comments